VW/AUDI PERFORMANCE PARTS: 42 Draft Designs 3" Stainless Steel Street Series Downpipe (w/ V-Band Flanges) for VW Mk7 Golf R MQB (EX07GRDP)
Product Features & Benefits
- Slip-on and bolt-up power and sound
- Simple, adjustable, and reliable installation
- Sporty and refined sound without a hint of rasp
42 Draft Designs 3” downpipe is the single most effective bolt-on upgrade for the VW Mk7 Golf R. No other basic physical modification can compete with the power gains delivered by this fundamental upgrade. Reducing backpressure creates useable horsepower and torque throughout the power band while also improving turbo spool and throttle response.
Street Series downpipes are equipped with a 200/cell high-flow catalytic converter. Race Series downpipes include only a test pipe for track day. Included adaptor reduces pipe size to utilize the OEM band clamp.
- CNC machined stainless steel v-band
- CNC mandrel bent 304 stainless steel tubing
- CNC waterjet cut 304 stainless steel flanges
- Optional CNC machined 304 stainless steel male/female v-band flanges
- Professional TIG welded construction throughout
- 409 stainless steel 200/cell metal catalytic converter (Street Series)
- Stainless steel double-braided flex section
- CNC waterjet cut & fabricated stainless steel support bracket
- High-temperature vermiculite gaskets
- Stainless steel hardware & copper coated locking nuts
- CNC machined hanger assembly stainless steel
- Complete Downpipe Assembly
- 200/Cell High-Flow Catalytic Converter
- Stock Exhaust Adaptor
- Hanger Bracket & Hardware
- Support Bracket & Hardware
- Downpipe Gaskets & Locking Hardware
- O2 Sensor Wire Extension
- Installation Instructions
- 2015+ VW Mk7 Golf R
- Included adaptor allows fitment to stock exhaust
- Will fit any cat-back exhaust that reduces to stock diameter
Note: Model years listed are based on US models. European model years may differ. If shopping for a vehicle sold outside the US please match chassis designation before matching model year.
Click here for installation instructions
Due to the undeveloped nature of this platform, additional fitments cannot be added until new models are released in the US and tested by 42 Draft Designs. Please do not order this downpipe to "test fit" on a similar vehicle without first contacting 42 Draft Designs for approval.
42 Draft Designs now offers v-band connection flanges with the stainless steel exhaust systems. Compared to 3-bolt flanges, exhaust systems built with v-band flanges are easier to install and adjust. V-band connections don't require a gasket, and can be serviced with a single tool. Overall, v-band flanges speed-up initial install and race-day component changes.
These V-band flanges are CNC machined from 304 stainless steel. Using a male/female fitment specification for the flanges aids in sealing the connection. Due to the material cost and manufacturing time, v-bands will remain a premium option.
We make no claims as to emission performance for street or highway use. Some equipment is not sold for street use in any state or country where state or federal regulations prohibit its use. Some items listed in the online catalog are intended for off road use and for purpose built race cars only. EUROTEK TUNING, LLC does not make any claims of street legal use of these products that are not intended for use on public roads. We do not ship any emissions related equipment to the state of California. We require an off-road/track use only waiver completed, signed, faxed, emailed or returned to our facility before emission related equipment is shipped to customer supplied address. We are not affiliated with Volkswagen Audi Group, Porsche AG or any of their subsidiaries. EUROTEK TUNING, LLC is not responsible for errors on our website.