APR Mobile - H...
VW & Audi Performance Parts: APR Mobile
APR Mobile is a simple yet powerful tool designed to enhance the APR tuning experience.
APR Mobile installs on smart phones, tablets and other devices and provides a wireless connection to the vehicle’s engine control unit or ECU. Once connected, the device can be used to access APR’s EMCS program switching features, read and clear fault codes and data log the ECU at high data rates not found on other commercially available tools. The app can also be used to access APR’s latest news articles, locate dealers in APR’s network and review previously saved data logging sessions.
With direct access to the ECU, APR Mobile has the ability to support and interact with any functionality APR codes into the OEM ECU.
Should the need ever arise, where available, APR's existing EMCS program switching features still remain conveniently accessible through the OEM cruise control stalk.
APR Mobile Product Features & Benefits:
- Home screen provides user with the currently loaded APR program mode, number of fault codes found, the latest news from APR, and a connection status to the APR Dongle and ECU
- The navigation bar at the bottom provides access to APR's EMCS program switching and features, APR Mobile Explorer data logging suite, APR Fault Code Diagnostic and APR's Dealer Locator Tool
- APR EMCS. Program switching, security and anti-theft made easy! The EMCS screen displays a list of installed programs and details such as version number and required minimum octane. If purchased, the Anti-Theft function provides a means to immobilize the vehicle the next time anyone attempts to start the engine. To protect unauthorized access, enabling Security Lockout provides a means to lock the ECU with a user defined password.
- MED17.x ECU platforms support program switching on the fly!
- APR Mobile Explorer Data logging Suite for High speed datalogging! APR Mobile Explorer is capable of wirelessly logging enough variables at once to get a complete overview of the engines current operating state and does so at sample rates fast enough for detailed analysis. For each supported ECU and engine type, APR’s engineers hand select operating values, which they feel are beneficial for your diagnosis needs. Should the need arise for access to more variables on new platforms, APR’s engineers can instantly push more variables to the phone without requiring the user to update the application. Each log is automatically saved and can be emailed in a convenient .csv format for later analysis on desktop computers.
- APR Fault Code Diagnostic Center. Should the vehicle ever throw a check engine light or fault code, the application will alert the end user with information related to the code. In many cases the code is related to something simple, such as an unplugged sensor, or loose gas cap. In such case, end user diagnosis and repair is simple, potentially preventing a costly and time-consuming trip to the dealership or repair shop. With a simple click of a button, fault codes can be cleared.
- APR Dealer Locator. The APR Dealer Locator searches for all dealers near the device's current location. From here it's simple to call or email the dealer, get directions to their location or visit their website for more details!
- APR Mobile Bluetooth Dongle. Wireless connection to your vehicle is simple, easy and secure. The APR Mobile Bluetooth Dongle connects to the vehicles OBD-II port and establishes a secure connection between the vehicle’s ECU and supported smart devices. The ECU must be loaded with an APR Mobile compatible ECU Upgrade to take advantage of all supported features in their fullest. Where supported, this flash is a free upgrade to existing APR ECU upgrade customers. The APR Mobile Dongle will only work for one vehicle. The app works on unlimited devices.
Fits: Audi A3 8P 2006+, A4 B7 2005-2008, A4 B8 2009, A5 B8 2009+, Q5, R8, RS4 B7 2005-2008, S3 8P 2006+, S4 B7 2005-2008, S5 B8 2009+, S6 C6 2005-2009, TT MKII 2008+, VW Beetle 1998-2009, EOS 2007+, Golf MKV 2006-2009, Golf MKVI 2010+, Jetta MKV 2005-2009, Jetta MKVI 2010+, Passat B6 2006-2009, Passat B7 2012+, Scirocco 2008-Current, Tiguan 2009+
See details below.
|Minimum Device Requirements ||Operating System ||Market |
|iPhone 3GS ||iOS 6 or newer ||English speaking markets |
|iPad 2 ||iOS 6 or newer ||English speaking markets |
|iPad mini ||iOS 6 or newer ||English speaking markets |
|iPod touch ||iOS 6 or newer ||English speaking markets |
Supported Vehicle Platforms
|Bosch MED 9.x ||2.0T FSI, TFSI & TSI (EA113) |
|Bosch MED 17.x ||2.0 TSI & TFSI (EA888 Gen 1) |
|Bosch MED 17.x ||2.0 TFSI with Audi Valvelift (EA888 Gen 2) |
|Bosch MED 9.x ||2.5 TFSI |
|Bosch MED 17.x ||3.6L FSI VR6 (Gen 2) |
|Bosch MED 17.x ||4.0 TFSI V8 |
|Bosch MED 17.x ||4.2L FSI V8 (Gen 2) |
An APR Mobile compatible ECU Upgrade is required to take advantage of APR Mobile and is a free upgrade for existing APR ECU Upgrade customers. Features, logging rates, and programs may vary from ECU to ECU and vehicle to vehicle. Please refer to each ECU Upgrade page for a list of currently available EMCS programs and options.
If a Mobile compatible ECU Upgrade is not ready for the vehicle’s ECU box code, revision and currently installed software, an APR dealer can request the file to be made during normal business hours. Typical turnaround time for MED17.x is the same day. MED 9.x requests typically turn around a day later