BMW Performance Parts: ER Competition Series Front Mount Intercooler for BMW F Chassis (BM-FMIC007)
Product Features & Benefits
- Large 20"x11"x3" (26"x11"x3" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core
- Cast end tanks for improved durability and internal flow characteristics.
- Brush finish standard
- Optional Polished finish available.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on intercooler, end tanks and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).
- Features the factory style connectors. Fully compatible with factory piping or aftermarket piping utilizing factory style connectors. Compatible with our charge pipe upgrade kit.
- Maintains ALL factory components. No modifications required. 100% bolt on.
- Includes all hardware needed to install.
- Developed and tested for over a year under the harsh conditions of racing.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Designed specifically to fit (and look good) on the M135i, M235i, 335i and 435i.
Note: All Black anodized units will take at least 2 weeks for us to fulfill due to finishing when the order is placed.
The heart of the ER Competition FMIC is the massive 20"x11"x3" (26"x11"x3" with end tanks) featuring ER's famous high density bar and plate intercooler core. It features 660 cubic inches of very efficient high density bar & plate core (35% larger) versus the factory 425 cubic inches of less efficient tube & fin core. Through extensive testing of different types of intercooler cores (tube & fin, bar & plate) ER developed their own high density bar and plate core. What's different about ER's bar and plate core you ask? Fin density. Why is this important? The fins are the main heat transfer surface. More fin density = more actual surface area. What does this mean in the real world? Most quality intercooler cores utilize around 12-14 fins per square inch. Cheap quality oversea cores utilize around 8-10 fins per square inch (some even lower) which explains why they perform so poorly even though a large core is utilized. Our Evolution Racewerks cores are 18-20 fins per square inch. What this means is that compared to a cheap overseas core, we can get the same efficiency in roughly half the core size. Now imagine if they're the same size!
ER's Competition FMIC is offered in 2 different packages: Basic and Standard Kits.
- The Basic Kit consists of the intercooler assembly. This replaces the factory intercooler.
- The Standard Kit consists of everything included in the Basic Kit but adds the Charge Pipe Kit. Increase throttle response as well as decrease turbo lag are the benefits of the new Charge Pipe Kit. Ease of installing methanol injection kits or a boost pressure source are an added benefit. Discounted as a bundle. For more information about the Charge Pipe Kit, click here.