BMW Performance Parts: ER Sports Series Front Mount Intercooler for BMW E60/E61 535i N54 (BM-FMIC004)
Product Features & Benefits
- Large 18"x5.5"x6" (26.5"x5.5"x6" with end tanks) High Density Bar & Plate Construction Intercooler Core
- Mirror polished finish on intercooler assembly and piping.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth) finish on intercooler, end tanks and all piping. Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler fins against damage from road debris (rocks).
- Complete all aluminum intercooler piping, replaces all OEM rubber hoses with hard piping for improved throttle response and faster boost spool up.
- Impoved intercooler inlet and outlet pipes for better flow characteristics.
- Intercooler piping features beaded ends, silicone "hump" hoses and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Maintains ALL factory components.
- Includes all hardware needed to install.
- Developed specifically for the 535i.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Unlike turbo kits and other parts where the main power adder is constant, intercooler gains (or recovery) is based largely on how badly the current intercooler setup working and will vary from setup to setup. Dyno graphs do not properly show the performance of intercoolers, intake air temperatures do as that is the job of the intercooler. A car running factory boost pressures and ER's FMIC will see lower gains than another car running more boost (software upgrade) with the same FMIC. Even running upgraded downpipes and exhaust will affect overall gain (or recovery). However, it will still be a question people will ask and the simple answer is on average, you will see a 15 to 25 hp to the wheels gain based on your modifications. On high boost cars, there have been 25+ hp gains.
ER's Sports FMIC is offered in 2 different packages: Basic and Standard Kits.
The Basic Kit consists of the intercooler assembly. This replaces the factory intercooler.
The Standard Kit consists of everything included in the Basic Kit but adds the Charge Pipe Kit. Increase throttle response as well as decrease turbo lag are the benefits of the new Charge Pipe Kit. Ease of installing methanol injection kits or a boost pressure source are an added benefit. Discounted as a bundle. For more information about the Charge Pipe Kit, click here.