IE FDS Performance Intercooler Kit for VW / Audi FSI/TSI/TFSI Engines
VW/Audi Performance Parts: IE FDS Performance Intercooler Kit for VW / Audi FSI/TSI/TFSI Engines (IETPCB1)
Product Features & Benefits
- Charge air temperatures lowered drastically
- Largest core volume of any drop-in intercooler at 885.06 inches.
- Horsepower and torque increased
- Horsepower loss from heat soak removed
- FDS Flow Distribution System spreads the heat over the intercooler core 65% more evenly than competitors
- Large bar and fin core measures 16.39" x 24" x 2.25"
- 54% more core volume than OE
- Beautiful end tanks are cast and machined in USA
- Fully machined mounting bosses for a perfect fit
- Fully machined inlet/outlet connections for a leak free seal
- Perfect OEM fitment, no trimming required
- Large 2.75" inlet and outlet connections
- 5 ply silicone hoses and a billet adapter ensure reliability
- Includes all necessary hardware and hose clamps
- AUDI - 8P A3 & S3 (May Fit EA113 FSI only. EA888 Gen 1/2 TSI may require custom inlet hose)
- AUDI - MK2 TT &TTS (EA113 FSI only. EA888 Gen 1/2 TSI requires custom inlet hose)
- VW - MK5 & MK6 GTI
- VW - MK6 Golf R
- VW - MK5 & MK6 Jetta/GLI (EA888 Gen1/2, 2013.5+ EA888 Gen3, & EA113 only)
- VW - CC (Requires custom inlet hose)
- VW - Eos (Requires custom inlet hose)
- VW - B6/B7 Passat (EA888 Gen1/2, 2013.5+ EA888 Gen3, & EA113 only)
- VW - Tiguan (Requires custom intercooler hoses)
The Integrated Engineering MK5/MK6 FDS intercooler system was built from the ground up to offer the ultimate in performance for your vehicle. When increasing the power output of your engine it is extremely important to ensure it has the proper cooling to match. It packs a very large intercooler core into the space available, a full 54% larger than the OEM core. This large core delivers cool air to the engine under all circumstances, increasing power and torque and simultaneously reducing heat soak.
IE FDS system
IE's end tanks feature the FDS (flow distribution system), which is totally unique to their intercooler. By incorporating flow distribution channels into the inlet side end tank, air is evenly distributed from the top to bottom of the core, maximizing cooling efficiency. Other intercoolers on the market only allow natural airflow through the core, which is primarily on the bottom side near the inlet, making for poorly distributed cooling. In lab tests, temperatures across the IE FDS core were 65% more even than the nearest competitor. This proves more effective use of the core, resisting heat soak more so than any competitor and consistently delivering a cool charge.
IE engineers also went to great lengths to ensure quality and perfect fitment. The end tanks were carefully CAD designed and CFD flow optimized. All mounting bosses are fully machined to ensure a perfect fit. Even the inlet and outlet barb connections are completely machined, ensuring a leak free seal.
At what point will I need the IE FDS intercooler for my car?
The IE FDS intercooler is a great upgrade for cars with an upgraded turbo, as well as cars using the factory turbo with an aggressive ECU tune. The OEM intercooler is known to experience heatsoak with added horsepower, especially if the car is driven hard for long periods of time. The IE FDS intercooler eliminates the heatsoak issues and provides a cool charge air, even under extreme driving conditions.
What all is included with the IE FDS intercooler?
The intercooler kit includes the direct-fit core and all install hardware including heavy duty black silicone hoses, a billet adapter to connect the silicone hose to your OEM turbo outlet pipe, silicone hose clamps, and necessary bolts and washers.
Is there any modification required to install the intercooler?
No! The IE FDS intercooler is a direct replacement for the applications listed above. There is no trimming, cutting, or modification needed for installation.
Do I need to purchase anything else to install the IE FDS intercooler?
This intercooler includes all necessary hardware and parts for installation. Since installation requires removal of the radiator, you will need to drain the cooling system. We also offer coolant, which is available separately. Aside from that, there is nothing else needed for installation.
What kind of power increase will I see with the IE FDS intercooler?
Power increase is dependent on the turbo setup and the boost levels that you are running. The larger the turbo setup and the higher the boost pressure, the larger the gains will be with the IE FDS intercooler.
How much horsepower will the intercooler support?
We have tested the IE FDS intercooler to over 600hp successfully with room to grow. Supported power is in the 650-700hp range, but will ultimately depend on the turbo setup and operating conditions.
- Integrated Engineering
- Products - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- A3 1998-2020 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Audi - A3 8P (2006-2013) - Intercoolers
- Audi - S3 8P (2006-2012) - Intercoolers
- Audi - TT, TT-S, TT-RS MKII (2008-2014) - Intercoolers
- CC 2009-2017 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Eos 2007-2016 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Golf 1985-2021 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Golf 2009-2020 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Jetta 1980-2021 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Passat 1990-2021 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Tiguan 2009-2021 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- TT 1999-2018 - Forced Induction - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - CC (2009+) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - EOS (2007+) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Golf MKV (2006-2009) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Golf MKVI (2010-2014) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Jetta MKV (2005-2009) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Jetta MKVI (2010-2018) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Passat B6 (2006-2009) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Passat B7 (2012+) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Scirocco (2008+) - Intercoolers
- Volkswagen - Tiguan (2009+) - Intercoolers
- Item Requires Shipping
- 35.0 lbs.
- Free Shipping
- Direct Ship (shipping times may vary)
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.