Sharkwerks GT3 / RS Muffler Bypass Pipe
This Muffler Bypass System which has been designed, developed and tested on the Sharkwerks 2007 997 GT3RS (ZKERMIT), dramatically improves the sound of any 997 GT3 or GT3RS. From day one, we felt the single biggest let-down with the car was that it was just too docile and quiet. This is in large part due to the strict sound-level restrictions in Europe and hence the factory deemed fit to equip these cars with a total of three mufflers! With our Muffler Bypass System we believe we have addressed that and not only uncorked the beast that is the GT3 motor but also reduced a real 16 pounds off of the rear end in the process. This has been achieved without sacrificing the drivability or diminishing the aesthetics. There is no noticeable additional cabin drone or resonance. With the Sport Chrono and factory exhaust valves still in place you can drive with our system turned “on” for a more aggressive sound or “off” for daily driving with the flick of the factory sport button.
Fits all 2007 to 2010 GT3 and GT3 RS models
- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound
- Does not interfere with SMOG emisissions and 50 state legal
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- Direct bolt-on replacing factory center muffler
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Fits the 997 GT3 or GT3RS
- Use your sport button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the side mufflers to a direct bypassed flow
- Use the non-sport mode to allow flow through the side mufflers for minimal additional interior noise and highway or daily driving.
- Real 16 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 20 pounds total) from the rear of the car
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel