VW/Audi Performance Parts: The Turbo Engineers Turbocharger for VW/Audi 2.0T FSI (TTE420)
Product Features & Benefits
- Genuine BorgWarner Housings, Exhaust manifold & Components
- TTE 2871X Billet Highly Efficient Next Gen Compressor Geometry
- Optimized Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
- CNC Port Matched Hand Finished Exhaust Runners (Process is available at extra cost)
- CNC Optimised modified silencer discharge delete
- CNC Ported hand finished Intake Pipe
- Genuine BorgWarner K16 Turbine, Special Curved Clipped & lightened
- Genuine BorgWarner Uprated & Reinforced Actuator
- Special TTE K16/K04 Reinforced Bearing System
- Fitment As Original. Plug & Play
- Dynamically Balanced
- 420+ PS Capable
- Designed, Machined & Built by TTE in Germany
TTE420 begins as a brand new standard BorgWarner K04-064 turbocharger that is dismantled and then set about upgrading and optimizing as engineers to create the ultimate K04 frame hybrid. TTE420 Turbocharger is in our opinion the final step and our pinnacle power stage for the 2.0 TFSI range of vehicles while retaining the OE K04 unit for Plug & Play fitment.
Precisely balanced turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using TTE's in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.
- 2006-2013 Audi A3 2.0T FSI
- 2006+ Audi S3 2.0T FSI
- 2008+ Audi TT mk2 2.0T FSI
- 2006-2009 VW Golf mk5 2.0T FSI
- 2010-2014 VW Golf mk6 2.0T FSI
- 2005-2009 VW Jetta mk5 2.0T FSI
A high flow quality intake system that replaces the factory air box is required.
A high flow downpipe is required but the catback exhaust may remain unmodified.
An intercooler upgrade is required.
- High Pressure Fuel Pump:
A high pressure fuel pump upgrade is required.
- Low Pressure Fuel Pump:
A low pressure fuel pump upgrade is required.
- Fuel Rail Relief Valve:
A 155 bar fuel rail pressure relief valve is required.
- Valve Springs:
Upgraded valve springs may be required if valve float is exhibited.
- Spark Plugs:
APR's software is designed for use with NGK BKR8EIX spark plugs gapped to 0.022" ±0.002" or 0.55mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km.
TCU or clutch and flywheel upgrade is highly recommended.